Hermosilla Business Park
Doing justice to a leading architect’s design.
In Madrid, architects don’t come more famous than local star, Rafael de la Hoz.
The services Gleeds provided to Grupo GMP helped realise Rafael’s vision for the Hermosilla Business Park – a distinctive headquarters for leading law firm, Garrigues.
We were originally appointed to provide technical due diligence services for the existing building – offices for a utility company – together with a cost estimate for:
- Partial demolition
- Maintaining the existing structure
- Complete remodelling to a complex of three office buildings
- Basement car park and external works
Change of brief
Once the building was acquired, we were appointed as project managers and quantity surveyors. And we set about working with our client to design a fast-track strategy to deliver:
- 17,500m2 project on time and on budget
- 7-storey atrium with a fully glazed skylight
- 3D effect in the main façade where every single piece of glazing is unique in size
- A design characterised by low energy consumption
effect on the main façade has been created by installing pieces of glazing in different sizes, no 2 are the same; this achieves a very distinguished sense of perspective.
To make all of this happen in a busy city-centre location, we worked closely with local authorities and neighbours – and had to close traffic on several occasions. We also:
- Overlapped design with construction to fast-track the procurement
- Added an on-site team of 5 with technical support from our Madrid office
- Played an active role in getting the right permits