Cité Sanitaire Nazairienne 'Georges Charpak'
1st rate advice for France’s 2nd largest PFI project.
Gleeds is proud to have acted as lender’s technical advisor during construction of the country’s 2nd largest PFI project. The large scale development brought together 2 entities – the Saint-Nazaire hospital and Estuary Mutualiste clinic.
The public 826-bed, 90,000m² hospital and private clinic were built under the same roof. Each share the same reception space, while both needed room to extend, posing significant technical challenges, including:
- 43 contractors on site during construction
- 14 high-specification surgical units
- Delay penalties of 1 million euros
Gleeds ensured the lenders were well informed about the financial risks associated with delays and penalties. Other technical achievements included:
- High quality environmental standard (HQE/BREEEAM) project
- 30% spare power capacity
- ‘Breathing’ window frames, gas-wood boiler and solar-heated water
- Automated transportation of clothes, meals and rubbish from the basement to all floors
- Good sound insulation
The year Georges Charpak won the Nobel Prize in Physics, for inventing and developing particle detectors.